Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Busy Time

 It seems like time gets away from me so easily, every Sunday this month I have had plans to write my blog post but there was always an interruption. But I decided today I would let nothing stop me. I like to blog early in the day but that did not happen but I am at least getting updated for the last day of the month.

With this being International Embroidery Month I attempted to keep up with the daily motif of different stitches to create a small sampler. I did fairly well....




I think I am 5 behind and I have to stitch around each motif but I wanted to finish the entire sampler before proceeding so I can decide which stitches I want to use plus if I wanted to use just one color floss or a variety. Decisions, decisions...My local quilter's guild is doing a Quilt Along to this pattern

Here are my fabrics. All left over FQ's from other projects.


I was able to get 11 of the 12 blocks completed.


Hopefully tomorrow I will get the 12th one completed and ready to set the quilt together, That will be my One Monthly Goal.

But I plan to devote the rest of the day to complete my Pride and Prejudice block for the Pride and Prejudice Quilt my friend Lyndsey and I are doing as a BOM. Then it will be time to trace the next block which will finish the top row. I should easily finish this tonight.


It will look better when it is pressed but I always do that after I finish the block before putting it away.

And now for the reason I am so late with my post.

My sewing machine had been sitting on top of a table and it was very tall. So my dear hubby purchased me this wonderful table to sit my machine down in. I am not a big fan of extension tables so this is perfect.


The table it was setting on is now behind my sewing machine so large quilts can run onto it when I am sewing instead of dropping off the back.  I told hubby he might have a difficult time getting me out of the sewing room now.

I'm linking up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching and with One Monthly Goal by Elm Street Quilts tomorrow. Thanks to both these fine quilter's for these fun link-ups

That's all for now.

Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Your new table is great and the machine sits down perfectly in it. Those little embroideries are lovely; my goodness they are tiny, aren't they. Your little blocks are fabulous. You have selected some lovely fabrics for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Pride and Prejudice blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new table looks fab and will make it more comfortable for sewing. Well done on completing the pride and prejudice block. I am way behind. My colleague has been off sick all month and I've been covering for her. Let me know which block we are doing this month.

    ReplyDelete