Sunday, January 17, 2021

A Little of This a Little of That

 

Before getting to Slow Stitching today hubby asked for homemade Chicken Pot Pie. It was an easy request and they are so good baked in the cast iron skillet. The bottom crust is always so nicely browned and flaky.

So I am just now getting to my blog writing and figuring out my accomplishments this last week on the sewing front.

First last Sunday I was able to finish the first of my Pride and Prejudice blocks.

Before the end of the month I need to get block #2 traced and ready to start the first of February. Block #2 will be Darcy and Bingley talking about Elizabeth. It really is an easy and fun embroidery.

I was able to get the binding completed on the wall quilt from the Jan Patek workshop.



I am recycling last weeks photo before the slow stitching because I think the gremlins ate my finished photo it is no where to be found.

The Curvy Log Cabin is now awaiting its turn to be quilted. That pile is getting larger and larger so I must address it soon.

In my quest to clean off my table I found a pattern from The Whole Country Caboodle for a Santa Mug rug and decided to sew it up real quick and be able to file the pattern away.

It is ready for hand stitching so I will let that be my Sunday Slow Stitching to link up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching.

The only other thing I accomplished in sewing this week was to make another block from the 30's Farmer's Wife book. I love to read the letter that accompany each block. There are 99 blocks in the book and I do one a month. Chances are I won't complete all of them at that rate, but my goal is to get enough for a nice size quilt.

Good thing I am taking pictures and blogging about what I am working on as I just found a photo of some of the leader-enders from Bonnie Hunter's Easy Breezy pattern over at Quiltville that I did this week. You can find the free pattern HERE.

Well, that does it for me this week I'm heading over to Slow Sunday Stitching to see what everyone else is up to. It's always full of inspiration.

Have a great week,

Sherry



4 comments:

  1. All so pretty! I haven't seen the Pride and Prejudice blocks anywhere before. These are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, chicken pie looks wonderful! And I love your curvy log cabin quilt, it is stunning indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of making a chicken pot pie in the cast iron skillet--I'll have to try that! Five projects going on here--wow! Yes, love the curvy log cabin! I wonder how you're going to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found beautiful photos not eaten by Gremlins, and all your projects are lovely. I love the Jan Patek workshop's wall quilt, cute!

    ReplyDelete