Sunday, January 10, 2021

Slow Stitching This Sunday

 Last Sunday I was able to get my little mini quilt quilted and bound.

I chose this for the back.


I hung it above part of my collection of toy sewing machines.

Today I plan to finish the first block of my Pride and Prejudice quilt. I have lots of ideas for finishing this quilt. But that is a year away.


Today I will also slow stitch the binding on this small piece I finally finished from a workshop conducted by Jan Patek I attended a couple of years ago.

This week I also set together this quilt of Curvy Log Cabin blocks I have had finished for a couple of years. This quilt is from a workshop I attended a couple of years ago also. I am really trying to finish those UFO's this year.


I will try to get the border on today so it can go in the quilts to be quilted pile. I will be using this border.

I accomplished one more thing this past week and that was to start cutting this quilt for my local guild Quilt Along. I have only the background left to cut. It calls for 2.5 yards and of course what I want to use from my stash is only 2 yards.  But after calculating what is actually needed it is 73.5 inches. These will be some leftover from the larger pieces I need to cut so I am going to try to cut some of my smaller pieces from that. Wish me luck, hope my brain can figure all this math. I'll let you know how I come out.


If I am going to accomplish all this today I better hustle. I am going to link up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching and see what everyone else is doing. Check out her link on my sidebar.
Til next time,

Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes. I'm intrigued by your Pride and Predejice stitchery, is it a purchased pattern, or are you tracing out blocks to your own designs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backing fabric for your little mini is adorable. Such a perfect choice for this lovely quilt. How lovely your mini quilt looks displayed on the wall. Love the fabric you chose for your Curvy Log Cabin blocks. It complements those log cabins beautifully. Good luck with working out the maths. I am afraid I am seriously mathematically challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pixie background and congrats on completing some of your UFOs! Very impressed girl!

    ReplyDelete