Tuesday, February 19, 2019

My Day on the "SHOW YOUR WINGS" Blog Hop

A very special THANK YOU to Carol, our hostess with the mostest at Just Let Me Quilt, you can find her HERE for hosting this blog hop.  Carol always comes up with such fun hops that I just had to join in. There are many great bloggers on this hop. Be sure to visit them and see how they are showing their wings. Here are the blogs and their dates.




February 18












February 19












February 20













February 21










madeNcorrea
That Fabric Feeling



I actually have two quilts to share with you, the first is KNIGHT'S QUEST.  My husband and I drew this pattern for applique from a photo we saw online. Hubby and son both like dragons and this was a Christmas gift for son.




I have tried to get this photo to sit up correctly but it seems to want to come into my blog on its side.



I don't care for this photo quite as much since it was taken on a sheet.  But it is at least sitting upright!
Several of the fabrics are non-traditional to quilting making but I felt it carried out the theme. Dragon certainly has "wings".

Here is a close-up of my Dragon . The Knight is in satin and there is a shimmering overlay on the water.  My dragon authority aka. hubby, determined the dragon needed gold toenails. This wouldn't have been an issue with me except he didn't mentioned it until the piece was quilted and bound. If you are a quilter you understand. But son doesn't care and he enjoys hanging it in his home.

My second "Show Your Wings" project is one of a twin.
This is "Flying with Dad".
My hubby and his brother often reminisce about flying with their father in his plane. And of course they both love airplanes so as a tribute to their father who helped to found our local airport, I created two quilts that are an adaptation of an old pieced pattern from the Kansas City Star.
Here is a copy of the label I put on both quilts.
That does it for Showing My Wings.  Be sure to visit the other fantastic posts on the hop.  There were some wonderful projects on the first day, which was yesterday so be sure to visit them also.
Life is a journey, have a great day.

Sherry



22 comments:

  1. That dragon is magnificent! The details in this are amazing and the gold toenails just made me smile. The use of different fabrics created a work of art...love it! The planes and the sweet label make this quilt a real treasure. Thank you for sharing and hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail in your dragon quilt is gorgeous! Very nice manly quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dragon! Great use of specialty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Dragon quilt idea and planes are perfect for your guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are great quilts but I am partial to the dragon one. I have always loved dragons, even before they were considered cool. Your use of different techniques and fabrics really makes the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dragon, you did such a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool dragon and awesome plane quilt! Enjoy your day! :-) :-) angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Sherry! I totally love the dragon and I am so impressed that you made it from a drawing of one on a photo. Awesome! Thank you for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O I love your dragon! Brings back memories of the one I made for my son years ago. Can't go wrong with dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dragon piece is very creative. I love the two quilts for two brothers ... <3 <3 Thanks for sharing in the hop ... Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dragon wings AND airplanes?!? You really winged your way to a great post for the Show Your Wings Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your dragon and knight is so cool. And your planes for the men is so super special. What a wonderful memory of their dad. Thanks for sharing. quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that show me your wings quilt!! It's so perfect as a memory of their dad. Well done and that knight quilt is so detailed...wow!! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great projects. Love the dragon. It's so detailed and perfect. Your planes are fantastic and the quilt looks like the perfect memory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You for Hopping and sharing your Wings. The Dragon is spectacular. What a special tribute to flying with Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow awesome projects and I think your dragon is fabulous as well as the planes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...that mini is mini and not so mini awesome. LOL...as quilters we do understand how important something like a gold toenail can be. My house full of boys would look at me like I was crazy if I pointed it out, so I get where your son is coming from. Beautiful memories in your airplane quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great, you two did a fantastic job with the drawing. As you did a beautiful job with the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your projects, the dragon is amazing.

    ReplyDelete