Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Salt and Sand Blog Hop My Day

 

Welcome to my day at the Salt and Sand Blog Hop. This has been quite a week for inspiration from all the other participants. All the other projects have been so creative and beautiful.

I must first thank our hostess for this hop, Carol from Just Let Me Quilt. Carol comes up with such fun hops I just can.t resist playing along.

Be sure to check out all of the other participants that have played along this week. You won't be sorry. Here is the list.

March 22
 
March 23
 
March 24
 
March 25
 
March 26

The first thing I thought of when I saw the theme was a Quilting Cruise I took to Bermuda in the late 90's. 

Pulling into port gave me this view. I loved the pastel homes with white roofs. It was a memorable trip but that is not the subject of this post.

Back to Salt and Sand.....

So here is my vision of Salt and Sand. Since I love doing applique and landscapes this fit the bill perfectly.

Since palm tress are so "pointy" I decided neither Blanket Stitch or Satin Stitch would do so I did kind of a straight stitch thread sketching to secure my applique.

Then of course I had to find just the right backing. Thank goodness for having a very large fabric collection. 
I am not sure how old this fabric is but it was just what I wanted. I let my applique provide most of the quilting as you can see from my backing.

And what is a beach without a sandcastle.....

Quilting it was a little bit of a challenge but I think it came out alright.

Well, there it is...I had fun with my Salt and Sand. Thanks for stopping by. And thanks again to Carol for being a super hostess!

Til next time,

Sherry

26 comments:

  1. Hey, that's a darling beach scene, and a great way to quilt it! Love the sandcastle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful applique work, and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sand castle is a nice touch to your quilting. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your piece! Perfect fabric for the palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your palm trees turned out perfectly and make your whole quilt look amazing. So beachy and beautiful for this hop! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I want to waltz into my computer and relax right there in the gorgeous scene you created. Perfect stitch selection for your quilting. The dolphins or whales playing out in the deep water are fun to see. The sand castles is a great surprise! Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. Did you cut all those palm tree points by hand? That's a lot of fussy work. Straight-stitch is definitely my preferred technique for stitching down appliqué. What a fun treat that sandcastle is..such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beach scene! I adore your palm trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry this is just the cutest beach scene. It makes me want to be there watching the dolphins while walking the beach to see the sand carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project, just love everything about it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it came out way better than alright, Sherry! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! I love your landscape! It's almost like being on the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A quilted sand castle?! SEW inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a beautiful little wall quilt. So nice to help you remember a beautiful place like Bermuda.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a neat little landscape! Looks like fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project!! Love those trees and of course you always need a sand castle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Salt and Sand is adorable and so fun to look at. I think that sand castle is such a fun detail and I'm sure it makes you smile - it did me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness...take me away! Your quiltie looks like the best place on the planet to relax and unwind!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your fabric art is fabulous. Love the details of the sandcastle and dolphins. Having a stash is wonderful when you can find the perfect fabric for a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You captured the salt and the sand perfectly! Nice palm trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great piece Sherry, I feel like I am there on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, fantastic! Makes me want to go to a tropical beach right now!! xx

    ReplyDelete