Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Lovely Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to everyone in blogland.  I have had a wonderful day.  First a wish from hubby upon waking and a comment that he imagined I would be getting a phone call in a few minutes.  It is 6:15 am and son has just gotten off work and sure enough not 3 minutes later the phone rings with my Mother's Day greeting, after visiting awhile, setting a date to eat at a favorite restaurant on his day off and making plans for him to stop by on his way to work we hang up and my day begins.

After coffee is made I head to the computer to catch up on my blog reading and notice a sheet of paper with an embroidery pattern I had printed standing up on it's edge covering part of my computer screen.

 I asked dear hubby if he had done it and he said "yes", (remember I am still half asleep) puzzled I move it and here is what I found.....
YES! Season 3 of Downton Abby, I so enjoy that series and had received Season 1 and 2 on blu ray for Christmas from son, so now I will be able to watch the series from start to finish while I sew, I do the same thing with Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals no matter if I miss something cause I know them by heart and can sing along while I sew.

Hubby decided to take me to Outback Steakhouse for lunch, I don't eat meat but do eat seafood on RARE occasions and that was today.  After the lovely meal the waitress brought hubby the check and me a pretty carnation.
and hubby got a coupon for $10 off our next visit so we both left happy.

We then stopped to do a little shopping, a new pair of jeans for hubby and for me a new pair of sneakers, in pink of course!
I also go a new pair of capri pants, but they aren't nearly as exciting as new sneakers in pink!

Our next stop was our favorite thrift shop where I sometime find good things like today!  I was excited to find a couple pieces of Moda and a piece of Northcott.

There was a collection of Boyd Bear figurines, but I passed them up after lingering for quite a while.  I just can't collect EVERYTHING and I need to save what little space is left for my Jim Shore angels.  Hope the bears go to a good home.

Son was stopping by before work so we decided to head home and this is my gift from son.
A sweet card and a gift certificate to my local quilt shop.

  Looking forward to doing a little shopping there soon.

Now hubby is going to pop some popcorn and we are going to take our popcorn and head out to get Icee's and find a nice place to sit and eat our popcorn and enjoy the nice evening.

Well, that's been my day.....hope everyone enjoyed their day.

2 comments: