Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's Been A While

I cannot believe it has been a month since my last post.  I guess making secret projects cuts down on my being able to post my progress on the things I am doing.  Well, first I finished my May Basket....
My treat is in the bottom in a nice little box, a cupcake I purchased from the local cupcake shop.  And no basket is complete without some fat quarters, notions and M&M Snack Mix.  But surprise!
We had rain, sleet and snow Thursday evening, soooo guild was canceled.  We decided to save our basket til the June meeting (guess I'll have to get another cupcake as I don't think this one will last that long!) and exchange them along with the revealing of our Challenge project.  Yes another secret project I have been working on, but unfortunately it will remain a secret awhile longer.

I have also been working on perfecting my gluten free baking.  Made a nice loaf of bread the other day but forgot to take a photo, but I didn't forget the photo of the Blueberry Muffins I baked this morning.  I think I'm getting the hang of this because dear hubby said the muffins were much better than the regular kind.
I keep forgetting the batter does not stop as quickly as other batters so the tin is a little messy but those crunchy bits do taste good, so that is my excuse.

I finished the tote bags for this weekends retreat....
They are filled and ready to be packed up.  They are just a little bag with an embroidery hoop around them that a friend showed me how to make and I thought they would be something cute and different for retreat.

I quilted two different quilts for friends on my longarm....
This is the first one and I did some pretty heavy quilting in the borders and the white background between the stars.  It wasn't a large piece but was fun to work on.
This second one was a "first" quilt, a Sampler and the lady wanted just a rather open all over design so this one was on and off the frame in no time.
She picked it up Friday with a promise to bring me another to quilt in a few days.  So I must get the quilt laying on the belly bar loaded and quilted for another lady before it comes in.
Hmmm, when did I say I was going to do my Challenge, my Cancer quilt, and some other projects I have on the back burner?
I must keep telling myself to get organized, and STAY OFF THE COMPUTER.  But in my defense I love reading everyone's blog and surely that is a good thing.
Well, my friends I must now "get off the computer" and get some quilting done. Have a great day and enjoy the journey!  If I'm not too late, I am going to try to link up to Cat Patches as my NEWFO for April.

4 comments:

  1. Those muffins look yummy. The quilting you've done on those quilts looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are all beautiful and would love to have one of your quilts or even to learn from you to make one. Wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful little gift bags for your retreat! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have been busy busy-glad your gluten free baking is doing well-it is fun too. sorry about the cancelation, but your pretty bag is all finished and ready for the next cupcake glad to see you post-I have been really busy here too

    ReplyDelete