Sunday, June 9, 2013

Saturday's Doings and Slow Stitching Sunday

The first thing today is to link up to Slow Stitching Sunday hosted by Kathy's Quilts.  You can find the link here.  Thanks for hosting Kathy.

Thursday night at Quilters Guild the organizer of our 2014 Opportunity Quilt requested members embroider a block from Crabapple Hills "Snow Days" to incorporate into the quilt.  Here is my block that I am just getting started on, hopefully it will have considerable more stitches by the end of the day.  This is my Slow Sunday Stitching for today.

Saturday was a beautiful, sunny day and hubby and I took advantage of the lovely day to do a little shopping, deliver the "Boo To You" wall quilt, and have a nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse before stopping at the local thrift store to search for fun "stuff".  Hubby made the scores, yes plural, of the day.  First is this wonderful treasure.

  A little toy Singer Touch and Sew machine.

 It actually has a real needle, electric adapter, shuttle bobbin and the battery case looks like new.
Sorry the photo is a little blurred hubby was trying to get as close as he could and he said he promises he didn't shake.
  We checked the internet and we can down load the 32 page manual.  I am doing a happy dance.  Dear hubby also found 7 wonderful Precious Moments figurines.
 Here is my favorite...Isn't it appropriate for Slow Stitching Sunday?

They date from 1976 to 1990.  I am not a diehard collector, but I have a few and will enjoy adding these to my collection.
So the studio didn't see much of me on Saturday except to cut these 40 dark green 1 7/8" squares.
 
Many more squares to cut for another project for my friend that I made the "Boo To You" for, but I will talk more about that as it progresses.
I did pretty well on completing my goals for the week by finishing my Challenge and the "Boo To You".
 The only thing I didn't accomplish was to get a quilt on the frame, so that will have to be at the top of the list for this next coming week.  But I was thrilled to have two finishes in one week.  How was your week? The new week takes us further on our journey, hope yours is filled with stitches.

9 comments:

  1. I have a few Precious Moments figurines as well! :) Just two but they were gifts from my mom and sister one year at Christmas...they are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect Precious Moments for a hand stitcher! Enjoy your stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dear Hubby did a great job with those finds! Love the toy sewing machine.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love thrift stores but ours around here are so picked over now and don't have anything like they used to several years ago. It must be a sign of hard times.

    What is an opportunity quilt? Sounds like it's a group project and is going to be full of gorgeous embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shopping at thrift stores-never know what could be found and brought home-great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry I just checked out your Pinterest boards-I was on Pinterest and loved it-and then I upgraded to their new one-and it was awful for me could not get back to the original post-I see on yours you can still go back to the original--don't upgrade, unless perhaps they fixed it ?

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a great week. Congratulations on two finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun finishes. Enjoy your new toy, looks like you did good on the thrift store front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete