Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Dusting Off The Blog for the New Year

I ceased writing my blog some time ago. Not quite sure why, but I did.  I have continued reading my favorite blogs and doing lots of quilt making but realized recently my documentation of progress and completion was lacking.  I have kept a record of monthly and weekly goals but it stopped there. I am hoping reviving my blog will give me a better accounting of my daily accomplishments.  As I look back I think perhaps I tried to write posts when there wasn't much to say. So for now I am going to attempt a weekly update and see how it goes.

So hello again and Happy New Year!




I have my lists made of UFO's WIP's and New Projects I want to start.  So now to make this month's goals and see how I do.  Many of my projects involve BOM's or projects I can turn into them so I believe that will be my approach.  My Cancer Quilt is still not complete and I plan to try to break it down in segments I can achieve monthly to hopefully make good progress on it this year.
One of my new projects is the Garden Sunshine BOM from Quilt Doodle Doodle. You can find the latest post here and the link is on my sidebar.

The first month is now live and I love it already.  A combination of piecing and applique, what's not to love!

Yesterday I started the first block of this BOM.
image 0

I have started with the largest block, the Snowman.  I truly love her patterns but find them a little challenging.  She recommends using a straight stitch to secure the pieces to the blocks and I must admit, this is the first time I have used this technique.  I understand the reasoning but it is challenging even with this method.
I have a few other projects on this list for this week so will have to see how far I get. I will update later in the week.
So for now have a good week...and remember life is a journey.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you've revived your blog. I love reading your posts.I can't wait for your updates to see your progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back to blogging. You have some lovely quilts in progress. Looking forward to seeing how these progress ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete