Friday, January 3, 2014

January 2014 A Lovely Year of Finishes

Last year I was able to finish a few projects using this blog event as incentive so thought I would try it again this year.  Many thanks to Fiber of All Sorts and BitterSweet Designs for hosting this event again this year, be sure to read about it here.
A Lovely Year of Finishes

  It really is a fun way to GET THINGS DONE.
Back in February of 2013 I started a BOM from my LQS, you can read about it here and I did really well getting these first nine blocks finished.
But I haven't touched them since.......so for my first finish of the new year I plan to finish the last 4 blocks of this quilt.  
They are even all cut out. 

 Plus I plan to begin the setting blocks that will be needed for setting the quilt together.  a couple of setting styles were included with the BOM but neither appealed to me so I came up with this block for setting using my EQ6.

The blocks are still on my design wall and I need the space for my cancer quilt so the best way to dispose of them is to sew the last four blocks so the quilt can be set together.
Hope your journey includes some finishes this month.

7 comments:

  1. It shouldn't take too long to finish up the last four blocks. It is so much more satisfying to finish a quilt rather than taking it down for storage. Your setting blocks will make a nice addition to the quilt. Good luck with the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have good start on this one already-so hopefully will finish up smoothly for you. are you getting this bitter cold too? not enjoying our winter too much so far-lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking blocks, I can't wait to see the finished quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your next finish Sherri and congrats on your 2013 accomplishments. I'll check out the 2014 ALYOFs...goodness knows I need all the incentive I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are nice blocks. Looking forward to seeing the other four and the finished top. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blocks are fabulous! Good luck on completing the last 4! I look forward to seeing your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete