Thursday, February 28, 2013

NewFO over at Cat Patches

Well now, I started this post this morning around 9am and here it is 7pm,  What happened to this day?  Time flies when you are having fun.  I headed over to Cat Patches and she has such fun posts that I had to read for while.  Then I had to think about what I had started this month.  I've been sewing, but came up with only one project, my Primitive Gatherings BOM from my LQS.  The BOM started in November but I started last week...
No need to get in a big hurry....right?  They are on the design wall with 4 more blocks to go, yes it is 13 blocks, maybe I will keep caught up now, so I am going to start selecting a setting design and auditioning fabric for the setting blocks.
I know you are saying, "that shouldn't take all day", you're right, I got drawn in by my Log Cabin quilt for Angelyn and her husband's 33rd wedding anniversary, and now the quilt is together, adorned with it's first border.  So I will be posting about the finished top tomorrow.  And hopefully I will have more projects started next month.  I think one a week sounds like a good goal especially since I don't have to finish them!  Hope your journey was fun today.

7 comments:

  1. I getting so excited! After reading this blog outloud, Mom and I both said WOW! at the same time! Love and Hugs! Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks looks wonderful! I understand how things take all day and sometimes longer. No reason to rush - just enjoy! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, we must enjoy the journey!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You've made a lot of progress for just starting last week. Thanks for linking up. Sadly, you are still at no-reply. Try this tutorial and see if it helps:

    http://jenniffier.blogspot.com/2012/08/google-profile.html

    Feel free to leave a test comment on my blog, and I'll let you know if it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all you do to help me!

      Delete
  4. Good catch up job - love the blocks, great colours.
    I always seem to find the day flying by before I manage to get to what I really want to. But we get there in the end :) Sometimes!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a fast quilter! Thanks for Google Plusing me! I'm just starting a hand piecing quilt called Midnight at the Oasis from Jen Kingwell.

    ReplyDelete