Monday, February 4, 2013

Paper Pieced Pineapple Blocks

Last Tuesday the members of the Opportunity Quilt committee met at my home and we had a fun day piecing a paper pieced Pineapple block, a refresher on the technique, and then we cut the rest of the fabric to complete all 63 blocks.  As we made our block, I measured each piece for the block and added 3/4" so we could cut the pieces in squares and rectangles, thus saving lots of fabric and cutting.
As I stated previously, I printed the 7" blocks from Quilter's Cache, and we will met again this Wednesday to set the quilt together.  Since there were three of us, we each had 21 blocks to make.
I worked a few hours each day and completed the last of my blocks yesterday evening.  Looking forward to seeing the completed top.  We are hoping to have the top completed enough to tell the committee member doing the applique how long the borders need to be made to apply to the quilt.
Now a fun day of teaching and a little sewing in between.  Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment