Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snowy Day Ramblings

Well, they had been talking about the worst snow storm in two years for about a week and major schools closings for today were posted yesterday without a flake of snow.  And it was a good thing, about 6:30 this morning the snow started falling and paralyzed the metro Kansas City area within an hour or so with 3" of snow falling an hour.  We have almost a foot of snow and now it is snowing again, with about 2 to 4 inches expected.  Hubby and I had shopped yesterday and the day before so we were ready to stay tucked inside.  And how did I spend my snowy day?
I cut out the nine blocks I had received from my LQS's latest block of the month program.  Yes, I know I'm to do them each month, but that rarely happens.  Even though, I LOVE block of the month programs.  Nice little packages each month all ready to cut and sew, just like unwrapping a Christmas gift.
And I have a bonus, look at the left over fabric I have,  being a scrap quilt lover I see lots of possibilities with this leftover fabric.  Naturally I will wait to use it in other projects until the quilt is finished.  I am fussy when I cut, and figure out how to best to cut my fabrics for leftovers and it generally pays off.
What else did I do?  Well I designed a pattern on graph paper, fixed a meal hubby enjoyed, took a nap (that is something that rarely happens) and did a little cutting for the log cabin quilt I am in the process of constructing.
There was method to my madness with the cutting marathon, you see tomorrow is my birthday and hubby had planned to take me out for the day, but the weather is not conducive to that adventure Sooo, I plan to get up early and sew, sew, sew.  I have several things prepared besides the BOM so we shall see how much I accomplish.  What better way to spend my day than with hubby and sewing all day.  Perhaps tomorrow evening I can show some of my results.
Life is a journey and an adventure.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Another great blog Sherry! Glad you're staying warm. I got out and shoveled around my car and my neighbor came with a tractor and scooped out the driveway. We had about 11 inches of snow in Sedalia. I'm working on a simple quilt for my new great-granddaughter. She's 11 days old now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. I would love to see your quilt. You are welcome to send a photo via my email button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Sherry! God bless you bunches! Big,long hugs!Stay warm and cozy!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! GLAD YOU'RE STAYING IN WHERE IT IS WARM AND SAFE. I'M GETTING READY TO GO TRY TO MACHINE QUILT, HOPE BY THE TIME WE MEET AGAIN ( MARCH 4) I'LL BE DOING BETTER AT IT. SHIRLEY

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete