Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year 2021



 

Happy New Year to all. Lets hope 2021 is a much better year. Upon reflecting on 2020, I realized I could remember many of my finished projects but not all. So I have decided to revive my blog to keep track of my doings for the year.
The last few days I have been reorganizing and deciding what I would like to accomplish in this new year. Looks like we will be home a lot which will be a repeat of 2020. During my reorganizing efforts I found that everywhere I turned I unburied a pile or tote of scraps. Thus, I have decided that this year I will devote more time to finishing UFO's, which are aplenty and using up and organizing scraps. Now that doesn't mean I won't be starting new projects. In fact today I plan to prepare and start my first block of this:
I have always loved the works of Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice being my favorite. So I decided it was only logical to have a Pride and Prejudice quilt. My friend Lyndsey in London and I will be doing this as a BOM. These nice simple blocks should be easily accomplished in a month leaving time for other hand stitching.
We awoke this morning to sleet followed by snow.  It's certainly a good day to stay in and sew. I have a turkey breast in the Crock Pot so our meal today will not be very time consuming with the Crock Pot doing most of the work.
I also need to plan my projects for the rest of the month so I best get busy.  Do you have sewing plans today?
Have a good day, Life is a Journey
Sherry

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see your blog again and to hear you will be doing work on some of your UFO's. I have lots of scraps and love making scrappy quilts so I look forward to reading how you have tamed yours.

    ReplyDelete