Sunday, January 31, 2021

Scraps, Embroidery, Tracing and More Scraps

 It seems at times the more I try to get accomplished the less I get done. I have lots of projects listed on white board and it seems all I get accomplished (well, maybe not accomplished) is working with those pesky scraps. I cut and cut and they just seem to multiply. Currently I am pulling red, aqua, neutrals and pinks for a recently purchased pattern from Bonnie Hunter, "Forever Mine". 


It is foundation pieced strips for the most part with a few half square triangles thrown in and I will first make just one block for a small wall quilt to place on the side of my refrigerator, (there must be quilts everywhere you know!). Hopefully I will get it finished before Valentine's Day so it can be up a few days. I also plan to make the table runner for my dining room table but that won't appear until next Valentine's Day. 

I have also been doing some embroidery tracing. First, I traced my second block for the Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice BOM quilt. 





February is going to be a busy embroidery month, rightly so as it is National Embroidery Month  as I will be stitching the daily motif from the free pattern provided by Meg Hawley at Crabapple Hill Designs.




 

Starting tomorrow she will post instructions on how to embroider a selected square on the pattern. 

This year she designed individual motifs to be placed on a stretched canvas but since I prefer a wall quilt application I made an additional copy of the patterns, cut them apart and hubby (since he is more precise than I am) arranged them in wall quilt fashion so it could be made into a wall quilt.


It is now traced and ready for tomorrow when the first instructions will be posted to Facebook.





When I am not doing the Crabapple Hill Sampler and the Pride and Prejudice block I will be working on my Crabapple Hill "Salem Quilt Guild. I got a little start this last week by doing the embroidery on all the faces and hands and now I will just concentrate on "Demelza Von Spellcaster. She will be my goal today on Slow Stitching Sunday.



Probably won't get much done on this project this week as I have other projects to take up my time.... like more scraps!

I'm linking up to Slow Stitching Sunday and am going to check out what others are doing. Some great inspiration over there. And I really need another project. Right?

Have a great week,

Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Great projects you are working on! Hope you have a great week and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me you are a busy lady! I've looked back at your past posts and your projects are beautifull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're getting a lot done to me! I love the saying in the middle of the stitch-along project!!!

    ReplyDelete