Saturday, January 2, 2021

Starting Off Scrappy

 With the turkey breast in the Crock Pot I headed to the sewing room to start my projects from my list of goals for the month.  First I decided I need to put away some of the strips I had cut from small scraps I found while organizing my table. I knew I had a nice box I wanted to store the 1 1/2 inch strips in so I pulled it off the shelf, opened it and found...more small scraps needing to be cut.

After this discovery I spent most of the day cutting more strips from this box. This is what is left. I hope to finish cutting these fabrics up today and fill the box as I intended.  Then I will be able to move on to more fun stuff.

I did take time out to prepare my first Pride and Prejudice block. After tracing I backed my block with Shape Flex as I do not like to use a hoop for my embroidery I didn't get very far but I really like it already.
Have a great day.
Happy Stitching,
Sherry



1 comment:

  1. Just when you think it's safe to open another box, what do you find...more scraps. I love how you stitching is looking. these are going to be beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete