Sunday, March 24, 2013

It's Spring..Is That Snow I See?

Yes indeed , we just received another large snow storm.  I will be the first to admit I love the days I can stay in and sew.  But really this is getting rather tiresome.  Hubby has been out shoveling and said perhaps 6 to 8 inches AGAIN!  Oh well surely spring will wake up soon, and by the way where is that groundhog, we need to talk.

Can't believe it has been a week since my last post, but I have been busy not just sitting eating bon bon's and watching past episodes of Downton Abby.  We were out and about a couple of days attempting to stock up on gluten free products after I canvased the internet for knowledge on this new adventure.  Before we left we deglutened the house.  Son hit the jackpot with free food.  Not only am I more knowledgeable but my computer "favorites" is jammed packed with recipes.  Haven't tried bread yet again but  have made some tasty biscuits, so I feel I am headed down the right path.

As for quilting, I have been working diligently on whipping down the binding on the Log Cabin Hearts, it won't be long now.  And I put this little piece on the quilter yesterday for a "quilting take me away" moment.  This binding needs whipped down too.
Nothing seems to alleviate  my stress more than a few minutes on the quilter. And I've been a little stressed about finding food and recipes that taste good. I've been cooking for over 50 years (oh my did I ever date myself) and it's kind of that old dogs new tricks thing.

I've also been working on my Guild Challenge but can't say much about it...it's a secret till June but am excited about how it is progressing.

Well anyway the journey continues, looking forward to where it takes me next.  Just hope it's not food related.  Have a great day!

1 comment: