Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's a Sew Day!!!

The schools are closing, the snow is falling, and my students cancelled. That sounds like the perfect sew day for me.
I also decided it was the perfect day for a pot of vegetable soup in the Crock Pot.
Since the doctors suggest I eliminate meat and dairy from my diet I eat a lot of vegetables, so not only is this perfect for my diet but one of dear hubby's favorites so I will provide you with the recipe today.
Vegetable Soup
2 cups frozen carrots
1 cup frozen corn
1 can green beans, undrained
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cups diced potatoes, I just scrub mine well and leave the peeling on
2 cups finely shredded cabbage
2 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp. seasoned salt
Just put in a large crock pot on high for about 6 hours and you're ready to enjoy.

Now it is mandatory that you go sew for those 6 hours, because you must work up an appetite for your soup.
For me, I have a list:

1. Work on the Pineapple blocks for the guild quilt, more about that tomorrow
2. Audition some background fabric for my cancer quilt
3. Start the 16 heart blocks for Angelyn's quilt.

Hope you are able to get some sewing in today,,,,if not, just enjoy the journey!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like good soup! We braved the roads for my Thearpy appointment in Liberty. Worked on my bom that I am way behind on. It is applique I did not want to do hand applique so am doing reverse applique. I can't wait to see your heart quilt, and your cancer quilt in the future.
    I am enjoying your blog.
    Sue McGarry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, Sew a little everyday and that bom will be done!

    ReplyDelete